(+34) 956 922 396
info@larutamilenariadelatun.com
capilla del espíritu santo

This chapel was built in 1586 by Anton Manuel Gil and Leonor. He was captain of militias and alderman of the City, granting this chapel by the House of Medina Sidonia.

Right in this chapel is the first Tower Atalaya, a great help to the aid of the first traps.

Devotion to the Virgen del Carmen

Today is dedicated to the Virgen del Carmen, lady of sailors. Today we know that the chapel was composed of the ship with a barrel vault, sacristy, courtyard and rooms.

On the other hand, the chapel of the Holy Spirit served as refuge for military during the civil war and was not properly cared for. In the 60s it was restored and still we have his bell, the oldest in the city dating back to 1632.